THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Designer to Watch: Sheila Denanyoh


Interview By: Britany Ruby
Photography By: Benjamin Moten

Sheila Denanyoh has always had a strong love of fashion, but she was raised in a community where being a fashion designer was not a respected occupation. When she entered college, Denanyoh chose to major in Interior Design. Now at the age of 21, she is an up and coming designer on her way to fashion greatness.

Clothing Line: Ill-La-La Designs

Based In: Kent, Ohio

What is your design style? Ill-La-La Designs is a very eccentric clothing line, with African print and soft fabrics.

When did you know you wanted to be a designer? I started sewing when I was in the fourth grade, but it wasn't until I was ready to graduate high school that I realized that I would like to get into designing clothes.

Where do you get your inspiration? Most of my inspiration comes from Africa. It ranges from the people to the culture. My friends are from all over the continent of Africa. I draw inspiration from them and their heritage.

What new trends should we expect from you in 2010? I am focused on a sophisticated more grown-woman style.

Do you have any advice for aspiring fashion designers? Be sure this is something you want to get into. When you really know that this is what you want, you have to push hard, look past all of the obstacles and keep pushing.

What are you currently working on? I have just started working on a WInter/Fall 2010 line, but I still have a lot to do.

For more Information on Ill-La-La Designs contact Sheila at
Sdenanyo@kent.edu

0 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Uhuru Magazine's Blog by Uhuru Magazine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.