THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who you callin' a bitch? Oh, me.


By Martina Nwoga
In this day and age, young-minded, black females often are swayed by the music they listen to. According to Trina and Nicki Minaj, it’s cool for females to refer to each other as a “Bad Bitch.”

Here are some lyrics from Trina's song Killin You Hoes:
“The baddest bitch is back,
I'm back part 2, part 2
I'm reloaded and I'm killin you hoes…
You see dat outfit bitch
I'm killin you hoes”

These are lyrics from Nicki Minaj's Go Hard:
“And me, I'm that nasty son of a bitch
I still got that bitch cum on my lips”

With social media networks like Facebook and MySpace, I see too many Black females referring to themselves as the “Baddest Bitch.” But when a male calls a female a bitch, it’s a problem. I don’t see what the difference is. If you refer to yourself as a bitch, then why get mad when someone else refers to you in that same way. I, personally, can’t fathom how someone can degrade themselves.

The popular saying: actions speak louder than words may be why males refer to some females as bitches and hoes. For example, I saw a female who was dressed half-naked at a club get called a bitch by some guy after she got mad that he grabbed her arm. Now I’m not agreeing that the guy should have grabbed the female or should have called her a bitch, but it just goes to show that if a guy perceives the girl as bitch then he just may refer to her as one.

So all in all, I would like to know why females who refer to themselves as a “Bitch” become irate when a man refers to them in the same way. Is it because the B word has grown to have different connotations similar to the word “Nigga?” For example, if a Black person calls another Black person a “Nigga” then it’s okay, correct? But if a Caucasian calls a Black person a “Nigga,” it’s a problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting thought. I wonder though, what you mean exactly by saying that, " a female who was dressed half naked at a club" should know that, "if a guys percieves you as a bitch, then he just might..."

you said that you are not agreeing that he should have grabbed her or called her a bitch.

So what is your point in making this statement? Is it to call into question why the woman may be perceived as a bitch?

is it about the location? the age? the build of the woman? Or was it simply that she had some skin showing? hmm. what do you think about this?

Anonymous said...

I think actions speak louder than words.

 
Creative Commons License
Uhuru Magazine's Blog by Uhuru Magazine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.